Sunday, 22 February 2015

Tory Burch Shoes Reveal

There have been some brands that have come and gone after unexpected surges in popularity, such as Coach as Michael Kors, but Tory Burch is a label that I have continued to admire.

Near Toronto (emphasis on 'near', as it is about 30 minutes away) a Premium Outlets opened up about a year or two ago, and although it has no where the amount of stores as some of the American outlets there are still some pretty great perks to it. It's quite a bit closer, and more importantly they have a Tory Burch outlet.

This weekend I came home with this beauty.
Tory Burch Shopping Bag Design

Tory Burch Shopping Bag Design

Inside the bag were these two beautiful boxes:

Tory Burch Shoe Box


 Inside the first box was this pair of sandals:

Tory Burch Emmy Demi Sandals

Guess how much this pair cost me? It was definitely a steal! I liked a lot of the other sandals but found that most of them were flats. This pair has a small wedge but I find that even an extra 1" in height can make such a difference in the way you walk and feel. I also really liked the subtle nature of the TB logo and felt like it gave it a really great 'classy feel'. Oh, and this pair was $99. Can you believe it? MK sandals are usually over $115! 

I just checked, and Shopbob has these priced at $328 CAD or $250 USD. Whee!
Tory Burch White Emmy Demi Sandals

Just wanted to show you how the wedge looks since you can't really see it in the other photo.

Okay, and now onto my second purchase: Reva flats!! I've seen these shoes on everybody and have always been envious on how great they look. I know they're supposedly a pair of shoes that need to be worn in and can be painful on the first few wears - but I swear they seemed pretty comfortable when I walked around in them!

Tory Burch Black Reva Flats
I can't wait to wear them, but to be honest I'm not sure which outfits to wear them with ! It's winter right now so I'll have to wait a few months but hope that I can get some use out of them for the rest of the year.

I have a slight worry that the logo might be a bit 'much' and a bit too flashy but I think that I'll still have ample opportunity to wear them. Though I am still on the fence about whether or not it would be appropriate to wear to school, but I'm pretty sure I've seen other girls wearing them around on campus.

These were about $199 Canadian with no further discounts in store; however, I believe that in retailers they are marked at $250 so there are still some savings. For Americans who are reading this right now, our Canadian loonie (dollar) has really weakened these last few months. If you convert it, it's around $160! For comparison, I just looked at the US Nordstrom store and there it retails for about $225. Even though we, Canadians, have been driving down south for the savings these past years it might actually be worth it for Americans to drive up North! I mean the exchange rate itself is giving you a 20% discount (for every 1 CAD you only have to pay 0.80 USD).

Tory Burch Black Reva FlatsUnfortunately, this hurts our cross-border shopping habits dramatically. I mean, it affects our online shopping too, it's pretty painful to realize that everything in the shopping cart costs 25% more! I miss those days when the dollars were at par.




Tory Burch Black Reva Flats and White Emmy Demi Sandals
Tory Burch Black Reva Flats and White Emmy Demi Sandals
It was a successful shopping trip to say the least! It's too bad that it's Winter right now, just looking at this photo makes me want to put them on and to go out with them! I promise I'm not a shoe addict.


Tory Burch Black Reva Flats

Thanks for stopping by and reading! Who's your current favourite designer? Do you own any TB pieces, and if so what do you like the most about it?

21 comments:

  1. Great classic shoes! Love those sandals!

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flats look so cute, I'm sure you could pair them with any outfit :) great post x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! Can't wait for the snow to melt away.

      christy

      Delete
  3. Great finds! And I'm sooo sad about our dollar. I have a list I of things I want to order from U.S. sites, but I'm waiting for our dollar to go back up. T_T
    jessydust.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessy! I have a bad feeling that it won't be too soon, I love your blog!


      christy

      Delete
  4. Those white string sandals are utterly gorgeous - they have to be the nicest pair of Tory Burch sandals/footwear I've seen in a long time! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle! Like I mentioned on your post, I am in love with your boots haha guess.

      christy

      Delete
  5. lucky you! you got them so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, outlet malls are pretty amazing.

      christy

      Delete
  6. I am so jealous with those gems, especially the Reva flats!
    thanks btw for visiting my blog :-)

    Jo | Say Cheesy Cake
    Say Cheesy Cake on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the different shoes. Tory Burch is one of my favs

    Made in Mauve // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep ! <3 I can't wait to buy more haha

      christy

      Delete
  8. I love those white sandals. The black looks great too.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete


  9. Great post. Like you I LOVE Tory Burch shoes, especially her flats and I also live in Canada. Thankfully now we have TB boutiques in Toronto, Vancouver and my home town of Calgary. I also vacation in Arizona so I stop by the TB Boutique in Scottsdale. I does hurt the wallet when you pay the Canadian vs USD adjusted prices in Canada, but you'll also pay about the same if you convert your money to USD. I guess that the price we pay and it really hasn't stopped me from buying LOTS of TB flats. This is my Revas collection, https://davisbe.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/dsc04061.jpg


    Great post about these must have Tory products.

    Brian
    https://davisbe.files.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...