Wednesday, 18 February 2015

Manitobah Mukluks Review

In the last week, we had an extreme weather warning due to temperatures ranging from -20 to -30 degrees. It was cold. Fortunately for me, there was something that kept me extremely warm: my Manitobah Mukluks. 

If you live somewhere with really harsh Winters I highly recommend these boots! I had seen these around for a number of years but for some reason I never really took interest in it, until this year. This year, I was obsessed and made it my mission to buy a pair for myself. The challenge was to find it at the lowest price that I could - at full price these boots range from 200-300 before tax!

Manitobah Mukluks, specifically "Snowy Owl" in Charcoal
These are the "Snowy Owl"Mukluks in Charcoal.
So I was originally planning to purchase them from Browns shoes at $170 pre-tax and had actually placed an order. I honestly scoured through so many sites and looked for any possible price matching (I like to find the best possible deal). For your information, Sport Chek has a pretty shitty price matching policy. They won't even price match their own online store, since it doesn't apply to anything online. I was really disappointed to say the least. 

The next day, after ordering, I must have stumbled onto Becker Shoes accidentally, but I am so lucky that I did. I realized that they were selling it for $20 less and that it included taxes! Hallelujah, that means that if there was a tax I would have been paying a base price of ~'$130' ! Thankfully the Browns order had not shipped and I was able to cancel it in time. It was $150 including tax

That being said, I highly recommend Becker Shoes. They had such a great promotion going on (and I believe it is still going on/ I'm also not affiliated with them in any shape or form I'm just really happy about my purchase) and are a local Canadian store which I believe is located in Collingwood. It also included free shipping, which arrived within a couple of days - it was pretty quick.

Manitobah Mukluks, specifically "Snowy Owl" in Charcoal
This is how they look worn on.
I like to wear them with jeans or leggings 
So what I really wanted to note was that these are the warmest boots I have ever had. Granted, I have never had knee high (well almost at the knee) boots that were lined with fur but somehow, whenever I wear them the thoughts going through my mind are literally "wow, I cannot believe how warm my feet and legs are right now". 

Normally I wear a short pair of Sorels (which are also really great), they're the ones that are really light weight and only go slightly past your ankles. They're small enough that I don't feel like I'm wearing these huge bulky snowboarding boots  (like the rest of their winter boots) and are pretty convenient to put on and take off. And although I don't normally notice my feet being really cold, unlike a lot of my friends, I never notice them being really warm either.

These mukluks are so comfortable and so warm! I love the pompoms, they're so cute and fun! Albeit it might be a bit 'kiddy' but I've seen a lot of grown women walking around in them, so no judgement. People frequently comment on them as well telling me how nice they think they look!

I was a little worried that they would be too snug around the calves, since my Hunters don't have much room in that area, but after trying them on in store I relieved to know that they would be fine. For reference I think mine are around 14.5"-15". Also, the company advises you to by a  size down from what you normally buy. But to be honest, I was pretty torn and wished that they had half sizes as the 7 was a bit too big and this one is a bit closer to the snug side.

And a little note about the company Manitobah Mukluks, they're actually Aboriginal owned! This is a Canadian company which produces many of their boots in Winnipeg and works to support the Aboriginal communities. It's a great company story if you ask me!
Manitobah Mukluks, specifically "Snowy Owl" in Charcoal
The pompoms actually hang a bit lower, but I didn't want them to reach the floor and get dirty. 

Manitobah Mukluks, specifically "Snowy Owl" in Charcoal




Manitobah Mukluks, specifically "Snowy Owl" in Charcoal


What are your winter go- to boots? And if you don't have winter boots, what are your "winters" like if there is no snow!

17 comments:

  1. So cute and warm boots! They look so comfy! Nice pair!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!

    Please click on the Romwe banner of my blog
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog recently and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    Interesting posts and beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      your blog looks pretty great (:

      christy

      Delete
  4. Great review- these boots sound perfect for the snow on the ground in KC right now! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. My feet are FREEZING right now, I'd love to get my feet into these, they look so comfortable.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely consider these (:

      christy

      Delete
  6. These are so cute! My winter boots are a snakeskin-print pair of Sorels! xx

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorels are pretty great! It's pretty crazy, I notice that even higher end department stores stores carry them, I'm pretty sure it's the only regular winter boots that they carry.

      Snake-skin sounds so cool, I've never seen that design before!

      christy

      Delete
  7. They seem so comfy and warm! Perfect for the cold weather.
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! Thanks for leaving a comment (:

      christy

      Delete
  8. So cute! I have a pair of these that I bought a couple of winters ago and they're amazing! They've lasted really well too considering that they're mostly fabric. I don't wear them much anymore since they're a bit worn out, my winter shoes now are a nice pair of Sorels :)

    xo, Dolce // http://www.mydailysweet.com/
    Leave me a comment; I'm always looking for new blogs to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! I'm a bit wary walking through areas with snow that's more wet cause I'm afraid that it's going to soak right through but it turns out that they hold up pretty well. I've been trying to avoid walking through too much snow to avoid salt stains, I hear they stain pretty easily.

      Thanks for visiting!

      christy

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...