Sunday, 12 October 2014

LPT (Life Pro Tip) for iPhone users

Alright so I'm pretty sure most people know that in their settings there is such a feature called "Keyboard Shortcuts". And when I say most, that's probably over stretching it a little bit.

I know I've always thought 'Wow, that would be useful, but like what would I actually use it for?' I always figured there wasn't one saying, or one line that I consistently said all the time and required a shortcut for.

It was definitely online somewhere, that I found this tip: enter your email address and make '@@' a shortcut. Or just do something similarly along those lines. Writing out your email each time for registrations or sign ins is definitely a drag (especially if it's long) in addition to the @domain.com - we want to save time right?

I honestly had this set up a while ago, and it wasn't until I switched phones and had my settings reset that I realized how much of a convenience it had been.





Do you actually have any other shortcuts set up besides this? Share them below!


7 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea!! I never think to use keyboard shortcuts but definitely going to add this one! x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about doing a shortcut for my email, but that's a great idea!!!!
    I use it only for a couple of words in my native language (italian). For example, instead of writing "comunque" every time (which means "anyway" hehe), i just use the shortcut "cmq".

    INDIELLIE | life style & photography blog
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's definitely another cool use for it. I find for words that are in english, it's great that we don't even have to make these shortcuts for long words just because the auto predict feature (iOS8) is so accurate!

      Delete
  3. I had a few shortcuts saved before my phone crashed and I lost everything, I've just gone and entered them again now so thanks for reminding me!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like me haha. It's crazy though, I realized the other day that I think it might be one of the settings that iCloud sometimes saves because I didn't even have to add it in again. It was impressive but also disappointing because I had skipped using the shortcut for so long thinking it hadn't been programmed haha.

      Delete
  4. this is so useful, i'm so tech-retarted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm sure you're not! The new iOS8 comes with an app called Tips that teaches you a lot of nifty little tricks you should check them out.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...