Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Follow

Meal of the Day: Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Ground Beef and Vegetable Medley


Student cooking at its finest folks.
So I've seen this concept of Stuffed Peppers around for a while, and although they look enticing I hadn't gotten around to trying it out until this week.

That being said, I want to tell you, right now, to go ahead and make this at home. I'm pretty sure this is one of those idiot proof meals, that is just so easy to make but so delicious.

I'm not a cook, what I do is look around at a few recipes (usually the first few on google) see what they usually have in common and just go ahead with that.

So here's all I did:

Ingredients:
Bell Peppers
Ground Beef
Quinoa
Frozen Vegetables
Onion
Garlic
Tomato Sauce
Oil (Coconut or whatever normally cook with)
Cheese
* I haven't listed proportions because it's really up to you, how hungry you are, or how much you are planning to prepare.

  1. Cut out the seeds and the inner core of the bell peppers (any color. Put them in water, let it boil and stay for a few extra minutes.
  2. Prepared about half a cup (dry) of quinoa. It's a 1:2 (quinoa to water) ratio according to the package. I just do this in my rice cooker and wait til all the water has been absorbed and it flips the switch from 'cook' to 'warm' but I'm sure boiling this on the stove works exactly the same. This actually made more than I needed - so I just ate the leftover alone the next day.
  3. Meanwhile, put about a teaspoon of coconut oil on a frying pan. Pour in a cup of frozen vegetables, minced garlic, chopped up onion and let everything cook (let the flavours mix around and vegetables thaw).
  4. Cook some ground beef (I didn't really even put that much, only about 100g). Make sure that it's all cooked and everything, and then pour maybe 1/4 of a cup (if not less) of Tomato sauce just to jazz it up with some more flavour.
  5. Mix everything together and place aside while you cut your bell peppers either into halves (as shown with the green peppers) or simply slice off the top like I did with the red pepper.
  6. Now pour your mixture into the peppers.
  7. Grate 1/4-1/2 a cup of cheese. I honestly don't know how much I used, I just used enough so that I could get a thin layer across the surfaces! Do so - cover the peppers.
  8. Place peppers in a tray and into the oven at 350-400 degrees. Let it stay in for 10-15 minutes or however long you wish so that the peppers roast and the cheese melts.
Please note, this is extremely filling! :) I actually ended up having it with a sweet potato and left probably about half of it as leftovers.




8 comments:

  1. Kolejny świetny post. ;) Śliczne zdjęcia!
    Może wspólna obserwacja? Odpowiedz u mnie lub zwyczajnie zaobserwuj, a ja się odwdzięczę. ^^

    Pozdrawiam, Anu.
    http://murasakiiroanu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I only speak English, but according to Google you speak Polish and thats amazing! It's too bad your posts don't come bilingual ):

      christycee

      Delete
  2. Great Post! Follow each other on GFC, Google+ and Bloglovin? If yes, follow me and i follow back as soon as i see it. Let me know with a comment on my Blog

    Keep in Touch xx Rabea from germany
    http://rabeasbeautytipps.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Great blog! I will definitely be checking it out (:

      christycee.blogspot.ca 

      Delete
  3. LOOKS AMAZZZZING! Gonna try it vegetarian styles!!!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Please tell me how it goes, and what type of modification you make!

      christycee

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...