Saturday, 27 September 2014

Follow

Backpack Recommendation: The North Face

Hi! So I know the back-to-school sales have all past, and people are already settled int their day to day school routines, but I thought I would write this anyway.

I mean some people keep the same bags from previous years right? Anyways, if you are deciding or have been looking for a new backpack for a while I would recommend The North Face - Borealis. 

It's kind of expensive. I mean in the past from elementary - high school, I cannot actually remember a time where I have paid more than $30-40 for a backpack. I used Jansports and actually thought they were a bit much at the time. I also used one of those Swiss Army ones for a short period before I realized that it was a ridiculously heavy bag itself - even without containing anything. Anyways so I slowly opened up to the idea of paying more for a backpack, I mean the PINK (by VS) backpacks seemed to cost a bit more as did the Herschel backpacks.

I ended up going to an outlet outside of Seattle last month and went from store to store with a mission: to find a good backpack. I mean I went to all of the following: Adidas, Nike, Under Armor, Reebok, only to end up with nothing. It was only at The North Face that I found the Borealis backpack ( I had previously read about online).

It's pretty cool in the sense that my backpack is so unique I have yet to see one available in my colour. It is black, but it is also really bright because the straps are neon! At first I thought it was a bit much but I warmed up to it.
The North Face Borealis Black with Neon Straps Electric

The North Face Borealis Black with Neon Straps Electric

Within the first few pages of google images I didn't see any look these so I had to post my own! Now here is what I like about the backpack:

  • It has water bottle pockets! This is something extremely practical and necessary. I can't even count the amount of times that liquids have spilled inside my backpacks. I mean I could have chosen an extremely stylish and fashionable backpack (I mean there are sooo many nice rucksage-styled leather bags) but none of them had these water bottle holders - and I was determined to get it.
  • It has a small storage/pocket compartment near the top, here I use this to keep my bus pass and keys. It's so useful I used to spend about 5 minutes per day looking for my bus pass because I would always lose it but with this dedicated slot it's no longer an issue.
  • It's certified - by the American Chiropractic Association. At first I thought this was a useless bonus, something that they just stuck on to a tag to help it sell better but no, I was wrong! The weight distribution is actually so different. It never feels truly heavy because it sits so comfortably!
  • This leads me into the next point. As you can see from the side profile it's a super 'compact' bag. I mean there's no large overhanging pocket (you know.. most bags kind of have this this particular shape to it that's has a mixed side-profile between a \ and a ) it's basically rounded with all the stuff being carried near the outer bottom?). Because of this, the weight falls directly/straight-down on your shoulders and doesn't pull backwards on you.
    • At first I thought the shape was kind of strange because it wasn't more typical, but now I really like it!
  • It also has a fantastic laptop holder compartment. See, I never had one of these in my old backpacks. I thought they were 'extra', like why would you need an extra designation for it? I realized now how helpful it is now, built into this slot at the very bottom is a lot of cushioning. That way when you drop your laptop in, or your drop your backpack on the floor it doesn't slam into a wall of impact (it offers a lot of protection). My roommate actually just got a High Sierra backpack but I noticed that TNF had a lot more cushioning, it feels about 2" thick!
Anyways I was lucky enough to get this on sale at the outlet. Instead of being $80-100 like it is regularly (from what I can see online) it was around $60 which I think is quite a steal. The only thing that seems to bug me a little are the pink straps see at the bottom. They're attached to the arm-straps and so those are always visible when you're facing something and seem to clash with my outfit 95% of the time! I'm honestly thinking of just grabbing a permanent black spray paint and just using that.

So, what backpack are you using right now? Do you love it or hate it? 

8 comments:

  1. Love those backpacks :*
    www.makeupforlunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We looove NorthFace too! We are obsessed with their awesome raincoats!!!
    Sooooo awesome!!!
    xoox Beckerman Girls
    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! I really want one of their fleeces right now, but might just get one from Uniqlo haha.

      christycee

      Delete
  3. Looks so cool - would love it of you could check out my latest fashion post xo

    Aliona | fromalionawithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check it out (:

      christycee

      Delete
  4. Did you know you can shorten your long links with Shortest and make money from every visit to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...