Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Phantom of the Opera - Majestic Theatre Seats

Hi guys!

I just got back from a trip to Philadelphia and New York City that I got to spend with my friends! Two of the biggest highlights of the trip was visiting King of Prussia and watching Phantom of the Opera (I'll give a mini review/pic of the seats).


Shopping:
King of Prussia is one of the largest malls in the United States (according to Wikipedia), it's actually so big that it is comprised of two separate buildings that are connected by a nice walkway through a large parking lot. What's really interesting is that it has nearly all the big department stores in it, high end stores like Gucci to regular every day stores like American Eagle and Hollister. I don't think that it's so much that the mall has the most stores, but it's title might be for how large the actual mall is as each store seemed pretty big itself! At the same time I have no idea so this is just a guess..

Broadway:
When going to New York City, I've always heard that Broadway is must-see! Alright so since we all had a budget to stick to, we started to doubt that watching a Broadway would even be possible. Most tickets are in between $100-$200, except after checking all the ticket prices I realized that Phantom of the Opera had some tickets selling for $50! The only downfall was that they were listed as "Rear Mezzanine", aka the furthest seats from the stage. I was extremely worried that there would be problems in seeing the stage or hearing what would happen. It turns out that the seats were great! They were definitely worth the money, and it was still easy to follow. I loved the show, there's a reason that it is a classic and that everyone recommends it!

Here is a view from my seat, for anyone what the view from "Rear Mezzanine" looked like.
Oh by the way, when we first arrived at the ticket booth they offered to sell it to us for $70! It wasn't until we nearly left that they got desperate and offered to sell it for $50.

Please leave a comment if I was able to help you out in any way :)!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing ur experience with us:) I am thinking to buy tickets for the Phantom of the opera and now probably buy Rear Mezzanine seats and save some money..Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way what seat did you have? center F?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Sorry this is an extremely rate reply, but according to my ticket stub I was sitting at H127.

    Hope I could help

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...