Monday, 23 July 2012

How to Install Windows 7 with a USB

I'm not that techy, or great with computers so bare with me as I try to.

Goal:
  • Install Windows 7 onto my Netbook
  • Possibly try Bootcamping with my Mac



1) Have a Windows7.iso file
2) Mount it
  • Mac
    • Open Disk Utility 
    • Right Click Iso File and press "Open Disk Image"
  • Windows
    • Download Daemon Lite Tools
    • Select Iso File
    • Press Mount
3) Optional: ( Transfer files to compute which you arei installing windows 7 on with USB)
4) Press Setup.exe
5) Everything else just falls into place (hint press next after key)

(: It worked on my netbook! I don't know why all the tutorials require you to run from a USB or DVD, if someone could comment telling me why it is necessary that would be great. But as of now it seems like I had a successful installation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...