Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Follow

Fido Retentions

When you have an iPhone, data is pretty essential. That being said, wifi is able to makeup for it most of the time since companies/buildings are advancing and most places are beginning to offer it for free.

Unfortunately I cancelled my data plan nearly two years ago, as it was fairly expensive. However; when I got a blackberry I started paying an extra $10 for BBM/ social network, nevertheless it is still not the real deal.

I finally decided to get data again, but was well aware that it would be kinda expensive nonetheless. Recently Canadian providers have been offering "flexible data plans". Instead of having a set monthly fee, it adjusts itself to the amount of data you use.

I then realized that


Fido
100mb $10
200mb $15
300mb $20

Virgin Mobile and Koodo both offered:
25mb $5
100mb $10
300mb $15
1GB $20
Based on previous experience I knew I needed about 300mb; however there is a $5 difference there! So I called them saying that I would like to cancel my account, I was then offered a plan of 500mb/ $15. Mission: Successful!  I was hoping to get an adjustment so that I could get atleast 300mb for $15 but I ended up getting what people normally pay $25 for! It's a one year discount; however, my contract ends within that time frame so I'm still definitely glad to take it. Definitely love my plan right now. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I just randomly found your blog when searching to see what Fido was giving out for retention plans (in 2012). They can do a lot better than what you got.

    Back in 2010, when the Iphone 4 came out, I called retentions, and managed to negotiate a plan that included

    200 daytime mins
    free evening weekends at 5pm
    call display
    voice mail
    2500 txts
    free incoming Canada calls
    $10 flex data plan (which you already know)
    no system access fees

    all for about $30 tax included (when using 100mb)

    I got an iphone 4 with this contract, the day it came out, with a 3 year deal, only having to pay the $159 for the phone.

    To give you an idea of the savings, they were "officially", only offering like $75 iphone plans on their website. That's like a savings of like $1500 over three years.

    In 2011, Fido made it harder to get really good retentions deals, but it's still possible. You should check out a site called Redflagdeals, or better yet google "fido retentions, red flag deals", and find out what people are getting. You could save a whole lot more. Do the research!

    Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment (:

    I think I have a similar plan. My total bill is $40, however that is with the 500mb data. Redflagdeals does have a really helpful forum with all these hints and pieces of advice!

    Data and Caller ID is really all I needed, I'm lucky that I don't need that many minutes. I'm actually interested in getting the new iPhone when it comes out; and hope that they can subsidize it while somehow letting me keep the plant that I already have. By then, I will already be at the end of my contract so hopefully I will be lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...