Although there have always been the shiny/glimmering colours; these are nail polishes with actual pieces of glitter in them. Sometimes they may even have the large hexagonal pieces of glitter too!
Unfortunately what people find out soon after, is that the process of removing this nail polish is length and time consuming. It's definitely not as easy as what people are used to, and it definitely does not come off with one or two rubs.
Fortunately for everyone who is interested in trying this new fad, there is such a thing as the "Foil Method". What this entails is soaking your fingers in nail polish remover, and with time it becomes much easier to remove.
- Grab cotton balls or cotton rounds, and soak them heavily with nail polish remover.
- Rip up pieces of aluminum foil and with these strips, wrap the cotton balls around your nails so that they stay on their own.
- Let them sit for 5-10 minutes
- After time has passed, slowly wiggle your fingers out of the foil/cotton. While wiggling them out make sure to use a rubbing action to remove the left overs.
- Ta -da! You are done, what you will notice is that there will still be some glitter remaining, but much less than what you originally started with.
- Bonus: Okay well it's not really a bonus, and I'm not sure if it helps but after doing this I definitely feel guilty for soaking my fingers in alcohol and chemicals so rinse your fingers in water! And to be extra nice, remember to use a hand cream and to leave some on your nails.
Please leave a comment if this helped you in any way! ♥