Saturday, 30 April 2011

Menchies Fro-Yo

Menchies, is an extremely cute frozen yogurt store! As of now, there are only two locations in Canada one at Bathurst and Rutherford and another at Bloor St.

What makes this franchise so much better (in my opinion) than Yogen Fruz and others that are similar such as Marble Slab?

The unique flavors, variety of toppings that are topping, and most importantly how they charge you, which is by weight! Because of their pricing model, I'm no longer restricted to having only one or two toppings and choose to get a little bit of everything.

Although they sell frozen yogurt, and not ice cream I don't see that as their downfall by any means. Some will say that it doesn't taste as good, but believe me the combinations of toppings and and their fro-yo is still a delicious.

An example of two flavours that I've gotten before is Cake Batter and Red Velvet! Oh and I forgot to mention, that they have nearly 20 "McDonald Ketchup cup-sized" testers that are available. This means that you can sample every flavor until you find one that you like.

They have bites of skor available. graham cracker crumbs, reese pieces, M&Ms, marshmallows, real pieces of Cheesecake, cookie dough, and more! These are actually just a lot of the toppings that I've gotten (all at once), which is why I remember them.

So the bowl that they offer you is actually quite large, which may actually cause you to feel obliged to fill the whole thing up! Be careful since you may go overboard and leave having to pay over 7$! Well I've never actually done that since mine usually cost between $3-5, but I'm sure that its possible.

Lastly, they have a points card that you can get known as your "Smileage". Upon online activation you start off with 25 points, and when you hit 50 that's when you can redeem them for 5$ off! It seems pretty nice, but each point is earned after spending $1, so essentially you'll be only redeeming every so often having spent $50 there which I hope is not too frequently..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...